Monday 3 August 2009

Wizard and House

Is the title exciting? No? Okay...

A project which has been underway since February has been the restoration of a fairly dishevelled house, and it is really near completion! Very cool for me because I will be residing dans this house. Two tables were purchased at very little expense from IKEA yesterday (sale) and I constructed these this morning. One of their diagrams was wrong, so that slowed progress on number 1. Time was made up by using a drill instead of a screwdriver which is exactly what they said not to do... I know what I am doing... cheating! And it felt good :)

Aim: front room completed today. Likeliness: 4/10, maybe 6/10 if I lay off the Trumpet (and interwebstubes)!

I will be playing in a production of "The Wizard of Oz" running from the 6th to the 15th. This is good - I need money to fund my demo recording. Things are slowly falling into place (and some falling over. That is to be expected!). I should get my parts by the 5th at the latest, this will let me know whether I need to go to anything more than the dress rehearsal... hopefully not! One of the arrangers did say that he re-organised parts and Sibelius told him that he had gone out of the range of the Trumpet and that I should modify my parts to suit... place bets now; Violin writing? Bagpipe writing?? Oh, lawds!

No comments:

Post a Comment