Sunday 2 August 2009

Some projects, some nonesense!

How to start a post to an anonymous cloud of internet users? I might just fling myself at it much like a large mountain lion might fling itself at a snowy owl were said owl giving away the keys to a Ferarri 360... or something.

I planning to record a short demo at the end of this month (all being well) where I will be playing Trumpet on a couple of standards with the intentions of using this as promotional material. I have not yet chosen my tracks, though I have several ideas and will be putting in some serious practise time!

When the tracks are done I will be able to use this on Linley Hamilton's radio show, which will be really neat. Hopefully they don't scare people away from my gig on the 30th September (Merville House, Time and Price TBA.). The set for Merville is chosen, you can expect a bunch of standards and hopefully some good jazz!

Recently I have been really liking the tune "Footprints" by Wayne Shorter. I would like to arrange this at some stage.

I have no more to say really, time to go much like a large mountain lion would... oh... I did that one. Gotta think up some more funnies... Nevermind!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment