Thursday 4 February 2010

Wear gloves

So today I decided to put the 5/8" blade on the saw before I did some warm-ups before playing Sweeney Todd. I really wanted to see how it ran... how impetuous! Anyway, the blades are coiled and I know they can spring and since the blade was 5/8th it will have quite a spring, so I decided to hold the blade tighter to stop it surprising me. Without gloves. This is what you get for being stupid:

A lot of blood involved, but it isn't as bad as it looks - all super-glued back together. Gloves from now on... Incidentally, not only does the blade cut person really well, but I cut a 1mm laminate from a 2" piece of rosewood - just some scrap from an old table. Like butter. Nice.

In the next few weeks I will have the workshop cleaned and I will be going to buy the following timbers:

Walnut, Ash, Maple, Mahogany and maybe some Tulipwood.

Instrument wise you can expect:

Archtop electric - aimed at jazz players
8 string electric - probably going to suit rock playing

6, 5 and 4 string basses, maybe a couple of fretless basses

Cannae wait!

Mike

2 comments:

  1. aaaaahhhhh bleeeeehhhhhh!! Be careful mikey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try not to make a habit of it! DOH!!!

    ReplyDelete